Friday, May 05, 2006

as the world turns

the weapon of choice for muslims this new millennium is the "economic embargo". it started against american products (because israel was oppressing the palestinians), it then moved on to the french (because they outlawed all public displays of religion), then the japanese (for blasphemous toys) most recently it reached the danes (because one of their local newspapers published blasphemous cartoons). the recent embargo was very well organized with a monster ad campaign pushing it along.

these embargos of course only hurt local companies, normal workers in their home countries, future foreign investment and pretty much no one else. it is however a very clever way for the organizers to regain clout with the populace after they fell from favor following their recent terrorism rampage. a wise person said, control a man through his mind, a woman through her heart and people through their emotions.

now that the danes have been forgiven, i wonder who's next on the shit list? it has to be a faraway country in order to make use of xenephobia (no one flinched when indians burned down a major historical mosque), they must be much better off economically in order to capitalize on envy (witness muslims killing muslims in darfur) and they cant be arab 'cuz arabs are off limits (they've been jumping up and down about star academy yet no calls for an embargo). therefore, my prediction is that it's gonna be the chinese who are next on their list, you heard it here first!

3 Comments:

At 9:34 AM, Anonymous yasser said...

hi there,

I agree with you, but what will chinese do? if you can predict it then I will say I heard it from you first!

Anyway, I'm a muslim and I liked your idea. I didn't hear of what Japanese did but I did boycott danesh product after they had published that cartoons.

 
At 3:35 PM, Blogger Aliya said...

For some reason I also think it's China too. I see someone saying something bad about Islam and Islamists to prove that communism is the right way to run a country.

Germany is on my list too. They agree with the Danes a lot so I think someone is going to pull something dumb too. I don't think anyone in Saudi is going to get rid of their German cars though.

 
At 2:41 PM, Blogger robert why said...

Either I didn't get the gist of your post, or the others commenting didn't.
"it has to be a faraway country in order to make use of xenophobia (no one flinched when Indians burned down a major historical mosque), they must be much better off economically in order to capitalize on envy"

It sounds to me as if you are ridiculing these kneejerk embargoes directed at any convenient (and wealthy) country that offends Islam's hyper-sensitive sensibilities. Meanwhile Yasser and Aliya seems to be agreeing with the ongoing "shitlist."
Frankly the Danes did NOTHING wrong. They are an open, democratic country whose writers and artists are free to express themselves however they please. I don't think they were as bothered by any embargo as they were simply fearful of nutty, violent retaliation over such nonsense. Remember Theo Van Gogh!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home